Traditional Monobloc and Bridge Kitchen Taps
Kitchen taps are used every day so it is important to choose a tap that is durable, practical to use and good to look at. The perfect blend of design and practicality is what is called for when selecting a traditional kitchen tap and here at Appliance House, we have more than enough choice to make your selection from.
Our Traditional Tap Buying Guide has been created to help you find a tap that suits your needs.
Traditional Kitchen Taps
Do Belfast Sinks need a special tap?
If you have a Belfast sink in your kitchen your decor is likely to be of more of a traditional style and therefore a traditional style tap would compliment the space perfectly. The type of tap you choose is really down to personal preference, there is no specific tap that has been purely made for use on a Belfast sink.
If you are creating a new kitchen, tap choice will be vast as you can opt for any traditional style tap. Taps are often installed directly on the work surface behind the Belfast sink. However, you can place a tap onto a central tap ledge as most commonly seen on a Double Belfast sink.
Can you buy traditional style hot taps?
Yes! We have a superb selection of traditional hot taps. These can be found under our Hot Water Tap Collection. Subtle features such a ceramic levers add to the traditional feel.
The Quooker Classic offers an outstanding range of hot taps too, all elegantly designed in a traditional, timeless finish.
What is the difference between a traditional monobloc tap and a bridge tap?
A monobloc tap features one central base and is installed into a single tap hole. They can be operated via a single lever or dual levers.
A bridge tap features two tap feeds which are connected via a bridge section and are therefore available in dual lever operation only. Two tap holes are required for installation.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Traditional Tap
Traditional kitchen taps are available in a variety of styles. Often a tap is chosen solely on aesthetics. There are also a number of really useful features that you should consider before making your final decision.
- Single lever tap - Control hot and cold water flow with a single valve, operate with one lever. Simple control with one hand operation.
- Dual lever tap - Control hot and cold water with two levers. One lever controls hot and the other cold! Adjusting temperature and flow rate is both easy and accurate.
- Spray Hose - Some traditional taps can be paired with a matching pull out spray hose. A spray hose is particularly useful for cleaning.
- Colour finish - Stainless steel looks good in any kitchen it is also known for its anti-bacterial qualities so this is always a popular choice. Antique brass, pewter, chrome and copper finishes also look fabulous on a traditional tap.
- Water Pressure - As well as being stylish and functional, your taps should be easy to use, smooth to handle and give you an even water flow and temperature. When purchasing a tap it's always worth checking that the water pressure in your home is compatible with your tap of choice. For the very best performance many taps require a minimum flow pressure of 1.0bar. If you are unsure please check with us and we will advise you.
Why Shop With Us?
The Appliance House team are friendly and professional. We work hard to ensure all our customers have a smooth and stress free shopping experience with us. We also offer some great deals on all our traditional taps including;