This Baked Apple recipe is so simple yet tastes really delicious. Creating a great tasting dessert doesn’t get much easier! My children absolutely love this recipe and enjoy helping to stuff the apples ready for baking.
So, if you’re looking for an easy dessert that all the family will enjoy, you’ve found it! To make your own ‘Tasty Baked Apples’ follow our lovely recipe below.
Preparation Time; 10 minutes
Cooking Time; 40 minutes.
- 6 Large eating apples. Pink Lady or Braeburn work well.
- 70g Sultanas
- 40g Pecan nuts – chopped
- 2 Tbsp Light muscovado sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 50g Unsalted butter
- 4 Ginger nut biscuits – Roughly chopped/crushed. (Optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 160°C.
- Wash and core the apples. Score the circumference of the outer skin to prevent the apple bursting. Take a little off the base so the apples can sit flat. Place apples side by side in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the sultanas, pecan nuts, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Stuff the sultana mixture into the centre of each apple. Top each apple with a knob of butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the apples are soft, but not mushy! Baste with juices before serving.
- Finally, sprinkle with crushed ginger nuts & serve with vanilla ice cream or custard.
If you love baked apples, you must try baking our Best Ever Homemade Apple Pie Recipe. This recipe is inspired from my Grandma’s old fashioned recipe. It is the perfect dessert to finish off a lovely roast dinner.