If you are looking for the best ever recipe for chocolate brownies look no further! Our Perfectly Squidgy Chocolate Brownies are absolutely delicious. We can’t say this is a healthy recipe but we can say it’s a tasty one and everyone deserves a treat every now and then!
I’ve been using this recipe for quite some time now. My friend’s mother, once a home ecomomics teacher and a fantastic baker, discovered the original recipe a few years ago in a goodfood magazine and has been baking it ever since!
The recipe was passed onto me and is now my go to chocolate brownie recipe. Without fail, these little chocolate packed beauties get high praise all round. We love them. The recipe takes a little extra effort but it is worth it. To make a slice of chocolately heaven for yourselves follow the recipe below;
Perfectly Squidgy Chocolate Brownies;
- Cooking Time; 25-30 minutes
- Preparation Time; 20 minutes
- Servings; 16-20
- 180g Unsalted butter
- 180g Dark chocolate min 70% cocoa
- 55g Milk chocolate
- 55g White chocolate
- 3 Large free range eggs
- 265g Golden caster sugar
- 85g Plain flour
- 40g Cocoa powder
You’ll need a 9” baking tray.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and add to a heavy bottomed pan. Cube the butter and add to the chocolate. Over a low setting, heat until melted, mixing occasionally. Alternatively use a ban marie or melt in the microwave*.
- Once melted, set to one side and leave to cool a little.
- Pre heat the oven to 170°C fan. Line a 9” baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop the white and milk chocolate into large pieces. Set to one side.
- Weigh the flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the eggs and golden caster sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using a whisk attachment mix the eggs and sugar together on full power until thick and pale. This will take around 5 minutes. The mixture will double in volume and become light and airy.
- Gently pour the chocolate and butter mixture into the creamy egg mix. Fold together being careful not to over mix as you want to keep the air in the the mixture.
- Using a sieve add the flour and cocoa to the mixture. Gently fold together, stopping just before everything is fully combined.
- Add the chocolate pieces and stir.
- Transfer the chocolate brownie mixture into the prepared tin. Lightly smooth until evenly spread over the tray and level off the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. After this time check the bake, if the middle wobbles place back in the oven for 2 minutes. Continue to do this until the centre firms up a little.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin.
- Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Adding hazelnuts at stage 9 is a great addition to this recipe.
- Freeze the brownies for up to a month.
- Delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- These perfectly squidgy brownies taste even better a couple of days after baking. Make sure they are stored in an airtight container straight after they’ve cooled after baking.
* We melted our chocolate on a low temperature over an induction hob.
Recipe inspired from goodfood magazine.
You can even turn these fabulously squidgy chocolate brownies into a lovely dessert! Why not give our Chocolate Brownie & Cherry Trifle recipe a try? It looks impressive, tastes delicious and is really easy to make too!