Ordering & Prices1. Is it easy to buy online from Appliance House?
2. Can I order by phone?
3. Can I buy direct from an Appliance House store?
4. Which payment cards do you accept?
5. Is it safe to send my debit/credit card details over the web?
6. What are the terms and conditions of sale?
7. Do your prices include VAT?
8. I've seen a cheaper price, can you match it?
9. Do you offer any discounts?
10. How do I find out whether the item I want is in stock?
Despatch & Delivery11. I've placed my order, when will I get a confirmation of delivery?
12. How will my appliances be delivered?
13. How much do you charge for delivery?
14. Which areas do you deliver to?
15. When will my purchases be delivered?
16. Will I have to take the whole day off to accept delivery?
17. Can I delay or change the delivery appointment?
18. Can I have my order delivered to a different address?
Warranty & Returns19. Are the products supplied with a warranty?
20. I've picked the wrong item; can I change my order before delivery?
21. I've taken delivery but ordered the wrong item?
22. How do I cancel an order?
23. How long should it take for a refund to be credited to my account?
Company & Privacy24. Will you pass my details to any third party?
25. Is Appliance House a registered company?
Ordering and Prices
1. Is it easy to buy online from Appliance House?Making a purchase online couldn't be easier. Simply browse our store and add any items that you wish to purchase into the shopping cart. When you have finished selecting your items, click on the checkout icon (top right corner of the site). You will then be asked for a few details that we need to complete your order.
2. Can I order by phone?Yes, we have a team of highly knowledgeable sales people ready to help guide you through the buying process; you can order by telephone between 9.00am and 5.00pm every day of the week.
3. Can I buy direct from an Appliance House store?Sorry, not yet. Appliance House are an online only company, set up to keep costs down and pass on the savings to our customers. We've concentrated on having a large warehouse and call centre in place of an expensive highstreet store.
4. Which payment cards do you accept?We accept all major credit and debit cards; Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, UK Maestro, Electron, Visa Delta, Amex and we accept PayPal. Please note that to process card payments we require details of the address where the card is registered; please enter these as the invoice address. Please enter the card details carefully as incorrect details could delay the despatch of the order. If you have any queries about card payments please e-mail us at email@example.com.
5. Is it safe to send my debit/credit card details over the web?Yes, all payment card details are 128-bit encrypted using industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology to ensure the transaction is completely safe.
6. What are the terms and conditions of sale?Please see our Terms & Conditions for more information.
7. Do your prices include VAT?Yes, for orders made from the UK, 20% VAT is included where applicable on all advertised prices.
8. I've seen a cheaper price, can you match it?We've done our best to be highly competitive against other online stores, but if you do find an even better price please let us know and we'll try our best to match or beat it. Watch out for hidden delivery charges at the end of checkout with other sites as all our items over £25 come with FREE delivery! Call us on 0330 002 0229 or contact us by email for a price challenge request.
Please Note : Price Matches will not apply to items found on ebay or Amazon.
9. Do you offer any discounts?Yes! The more you buy, the more you'll save. All of our online prices are for individual purchases, if you are looking to buy more than a couple of items we can help save even more money as the delivery charges will be more cost effective and we'll pass that saving on. Ask the question on our 'Price Challenge' section and we'll let you know our keenest prices.
Appliance House always have several items on the 'Exclusive Promotions' section so be sure to check these out for the best bargains. Also, from time to time we'll issue discount voucher codes to our Twitter followers and email subscribers.
10. How do I find out whether the item I want is in stock?Appliance House keep as many of our products in stock as possible, but on busy days we do occasionally sell out. If you would like to find out whether your specific item is in stock simply call 0330 002 0229 and one of our Sales Team will be able to provide you with up to the minute availability.
Despatch & Delivery
11. I've placed my order, when will I get a confirmation of delivery?You'll receive an email confirmation as receipt of your order straight after purchase.
Many smaller items ordered before 1pm and held in stock will be despatched the same day for next day delivery, in this case you will also receive a despatch notification on the day of purchase. Orders after 1pm will usually be sent the following day and confirmed with a despatch notification email. For weekend transactions, smaller items would be sent on Monday (excluding Bank Holidays).
For larger items requiring us to book a delivery appointment with you, a member of our Sales Team will be in contact within 24 hours (excluding weekends) and you'll be given stock availability with an expected delivery date.
12. How will my appliances be delivered?All items are first inspected for any imperfections and additional packaging added for transit protection. Smaller items will be sent via a UK national courier by recorded delivery, and larger items be sent via our own carrier service. Your new appliances will be placed in a room of your choice and enough time given for you to inspect all items for complete piece of mind.
If the premises have restricted access or flights of stairs this must be noted at the time of ordering. If the delivery has to be aborted due to limited access or misleading information having been given then a fee will be applied to cover the cost of further attempts.
13. How much do you charge for delivery?All orders with a value over £25 include FREE delivery (remote area delivery charges may be applied, please see below). Please note: there are costs associated with the delivery process, and should delivery fail due to customers not being present during the organised delivery appointment, or for other customer or site-related reasons (i.e. access problems), then a fee of up to £40 may be applied to cover the cost of further attempts.
14. Which areas do you deliver to?We can deliver all of our items to any address within mainland UK. A surcharge will be added for deliveries to remote areas as listed below. Unfortunately we are unable to deliver to Southern Ireland and overseas.
Delivery to remote areas will be subject to additional delivery costs as confirmed below:
Small Parcels (DPD 2 day delivery)
Scottish Islands/ Highlands - £9.99
Isle of Man - £9.99
Channel Islands - £14.99
Scilly Isles - £14.99
Northern Ireland (2 Day delivery) - £19.99
Small Parcels - Scottish Highlands includes postcodes: AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50
Small Parcels - Scottish Islands includes postcodes: HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3
We are delighted to confirm that we offer Saturday deliveries of large items for a fee of only £20.00, for more information call 0330 002 0229.
All G, KA, ML, EH, DG and TD Postcodes - £19.99 Delivery Surcharge
All AB, KW, IV, PH, PA, DD, FK, and KY Postcodes - £29.99 Delivery Surcharge
Please Note - Delivery Surcharges apply to the following locations;
Scottish Island - £109.99
Isle of Man - £109.99
Northern Ireland - £109.99
EIRE - £109.99
Channel Islands - £109.99
Isle of Man - £109.99
Please Note - Deliveries of large bulky items to the locations listed above may take up to 10 working days
15. When will my purchases be delivered?All appliances, sinks, taps and associated home products come from our central warehouse and are usually available for delivery within 2-3 working days. Many items are sent on a next day service, but for larger appliances we will have to book a suitable delivery appointment with you depending on our delivery schedule to your area. This may take 5-7 working days. You would be informed of any extended lead times beyond 7 days shortly after purchase and offered the option to wait, an alternative item offered or given a complete refund.
16. Will I have to take the whole day off to accept delivery?No, having booked a delivery appointment for the larger appliances, you will be contacted both the day before and an hour before delivery to confirm the delivery window and to inform you that the delivery driver is on their way.
17. Can I delay or change the delivery appointment?Yes, if you need to delay the delivery we will allocate your order until you are ready to receive the goods. If you have already been provided with a delivery appointment and are then unable to take delivery, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible, at least 48 hours in advance. Please call 0330 002 0229 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Can I have my order delivered to a different address?Yes, if you want the delivery address to be different from the invoice address, please tick the box at the checkout stage. We may however require a copy of a recent utility bill and another form of identification for the prevention of fraud for both parties.
Please remember that all deliveries require a signature AFTER inspection, items will not be left without a signature, or can be signed 'unchecked'.
Any damage must be reported within 2 weeks of delivery. We will not accept any claim made after the 2 week period.