Football, Beer, Nuts! A winning combination for many. If you’re planning a get together for the 2018 World Cup then you absolutely must pop to the shops, buy the ingredients below and get making a batch of our amazing ‘Sweet & Spicy Beer Nuts’.
Once you’ve tasted these amazing Sweet & Spicy Beer Nuts you’ll be doubling the quantities for the next match. They’re delicious when served warm with an ice cold beer. They make a great gift for Father’s Day too!
Sweet & Spicy Beer Nuts.
Preparation Time; 10 Minutes
Cooking Time; 1 hr – 1hr 30 minutes.
Servings; 8 (As a snack)
- 1 Egg – White only
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 100g Unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 100g Unsalted almonds
- 100g Unsalted whole cashews
- 4 Tbsp White sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Mustard or Wasabi powder
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 100ºC.
- In a large bowl, whip together the egg whites and soy sauce until light and fluffy.
- Add the nuts. Stir well ensuring all nuts are coated. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sugar, mustard powder, salt, pepper and cayenne together in a separate bowl.
- Drain the nuts of excess liquid and then toss them with the reserved seasoning.
- Spread the nuts on a non-stick baking sheet so they are not overlapping and bake until well browned, about 1 hr – 1 ½ hours. Turn the nuts every 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, best served warm if possible.
Recipe Inspired from Mens Health.
Turn them into a homemade gift for someone special. Pop the nuts in a Kilner jar and add a personalised gift tag. With a little extra effort these Sweet & Spicy Beer Nuts would make a lovely treat for dad on Fathers Day too.
If you’re looking for more thoughtful gift ideas take a look at our Indulgent Hot Chocolate Stirring Spoons. They taste divine swirled into a mug of hot milk and look pretty impressive too.