Desserts do not get much better than this! Our Delicious Chocolate Brownie & Cherry Trifle is just as the name suggestions, absolutely delicious and it is super easy to make too.
If you’re planning a party this new year and catering for lots of guests then this is the perfect dessert to serve up. It’s so simple to create plus it looks impressive too. If your guest list is long there is no need to create individual trifles for everyone, simply serve in a large, glass trifle bowl.
Wow your friends and family by making a Chocolate Brownie & Cherry Trifle of your own by following our simple steps below;
Delicious Chocolate Brownie & Cherry Trifle.
Prep Time; 25 Minutes.
- 500ml Quality Vanilla Custard
- 100g Dark Chocolate (Min 70% Cocoa)
- 420g Chocolate Brownies or Chocolate Cake
- 1 Tbsp Tia Maria
- 150g Cherry Jam
- 200g Cherries (Plus a extra for decoration)
- 3 Tbsp coffee (Espresso shot works well)
- 20g Icing Sugar
- 15g Cocoa Powder
- 300ml Double Cream
- Break the chocolate into a saucepan and pour over the custard. Gently heat until all the chocolate has melted. Stir until completely mixed with the custard. Cover with cling film and set aside.
- Cut the brownies into bite size chunks and place in the bottom of individual or a large trifle bowl. Drizzle all the brownie with tia maria and coffee then pop to one side so the brownies soak up the liquid.
- Stone the cherries (remember to keep a few to one side for decoration!) place in a pan along with the cherry jam. Heat gently over a medium heat for 5-10 mins until softened and syrupy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Spoon the cherries and syrup over the brownies followed by a layer of the chocolate custard. Continue to layer until all the cherries and custard have been used up
- Place the double cream into a mixer, sift the icing sugar and the cocoa powder into the cream then whip until peaks form. Spoon or pipe over the top of dessert and top with a cherry or chocolate chips.
Also tastes delicious with a dash of Baileys or Tia Maria added to the cream. Simply add to the cream before whipping.
All good parties need a cocktail or three! We have Three Fabulous Gin Cocktail Recipes that are a doddle to make and make a refreshing change to the usual gin and tonic.
On behalf of everyone at Appliance House we would like to wish all our customers a very happy new year and all the best for 2019.