Mothering Sunday is just around the corner and we have the absolute perfect treat for all those special mums out there this Mothers Day. Our handmade chocolate treat pack complete with Homemade Hot Chocolate Stirring Spoons would make an extra special gift for all mothers, young and old. This lovely gift can be individually tailored to ensure your mum is receiving a mothers day gift full of all the things you know she will love. A thoughtful gift that has been created by YOU is guaranteed to be well received. Our Hot Chocolate Stirring Spoons taste divine swirled into a mug of hot milk, or for those out there who are feeling super indulgent stir into a hot mug of milk and cream! Yum.
To lend a helping hand we have listed everything you will need to create your very own, personable Handmade Chocolate Treat Pack; The perfect Mother’s Day gift.
Firstly, you need to start preparing your chocolate stirring spoons. Maybe you could enjoy a sneaky one for yourself, you’ll need to know if they’re good and suitable for gifting, right?!
Makes 5-6 chocolate spoons
Prep Time; 10 Minutes (Inc Decoration)
Cooling Time; Minimum 45 Mins
You will need;
6 wooden spoons
Silicon Baking Mould – We use a 60ml cube tray
▪280g Good quality chocolate – We use 180g (70 % min) Dark chocolate and 100g Milk chocolate
▪30g Cocoa powder
▪30g Icing sugar
▪Pinch sea salt
Plus 220ml Full Fat Milk for the hot chocolate drink preparation.
Sprinkles, mini stars, edible glitter, marshmallows
- Melt the chocolate until smooth in a ban-marie or microwave.
- Sieve the cocoa powder and icing sugar into the chocolate. Mix until combined and smooth. It will have a consistency of quite runny frosting at this stage.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the silicon mould, fill 3/4 of the way up. Very gently tap the sides of the silicon tray, this will bring any air bubbles to the top and create a nice level surface to the chocolate block.
- Allow the chocolate to firm up a little (only take a minute or two!) and push a wooden spoon into each chocolate filled cube, the spoon should stand upright. If decorating push a few marshmallows, stars etc onto the top of the chocolate whilst still tacky. Allow to cool completely. To speed up the setting process simply pop the mould into the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Once set firm, ease each chocolate spoon block out of the tray. You will find the blocks are easier to dispense from a silicon tray due to the flexible rubber.
- Bring 220ml of milk to the boil (or milk & cream if you’re feeling indulgent!) Pour into a mug add the chocolate spoon, stir well until the all chocolate has melted.
- Enjoy….In Pjs preferably!
Un-used chocolate spoons can be kept in a cool place, fully wrapped and stored in an airtight container for at least two weeks.
- Wooden spoons – Available from Amazon (100 for £3.95) Extra spoons are great to take out for picnics or for use at summer BBQs so don’t be put off by the quantity!
- Wrappers – The handmade chocolate spoons will need to be securely wrapped, these small cellophane bags with silver ties are perfect for the job. Available from Amazon (100 for £2.65) Any leftovers packs can be used for homemade lollipops or they could be turned into small sweetie bags for children’s birthday parties.
- A Mug – We love the simplistic bucket mugs by Keith Brymer Jones. Designs with xoxo, relax and mummy are ideal choices for a mothers day gift.
- Mini Bottle of Liquor – For the ultimate indulgence add a mini tipple, my mum loves her Baileys so for me that was the obvious choice. Baileys and hot chocolate taste great together however, Kahlua, Rum, Amaretto and Peppermint Schnapps are other great alternatives.
- Chocolates – Pop a few chocolates in the pack too. Thornton’s Alpini chocolates, Ferrero Rocher or Lindt Truffles are all foil wrapped making them a great choice, plus the wrapping on these particular chocolate varieties are sophisticated and classy which is an added bonus! Why not have a go at making your own handmade chocolates. Follow our delicious truffle recipe. They are really easy to make and with a little cocoa and edible golden glitter you can form them into lovely, individual round truffles.
- Clear Gift Bags – To create a beautifully presented gift pack we used extra large clear cellophane gift bags – 36.5cm x 22cm x 8cm. Available to buy at Amazon (10 packs for £3.99)
- Ribbons & Tag – Finally, make it look pretty and secure with a little ribbon and a hand written note tag. Berisfords have a huge selection of colours and designs, we used 15mm red hearts and kisses taffeta ribbon that we sourced from ‘ribbon hut’ on ebay. Beware, you’ll be spoilt for choice once you start looking!
With a little thought and time you will have a mothers day gift like no other! Handmade, Thoughtful & Individual; The Mothers Day Hot Chocolate Treat Pack….the only thing missing is the milk! Or maybe not.
Mini Glass Milk Bottles – You could add milk & cream to the pack too!!! Just make sure the milk/cream has not been lurking out of the fridge for too long. Pour into mini glass milk bottles and simply add to the gift pack. You’ll have to pick bottles which include a secure lid as milk spilages are a definate no no! Mini glass milk bottles are available from many online stores.
Movie & Popcorn – If you want to spend a little extra you could even add a movie and a bag of popcorn to the pack. Your mum will have everything she needs for a truly indulgent and relaxing girly night in!
What are you waiting for. It is time to get creative and start spoiling your mum this Mothers Day.
Good Luck x