Soft, melt in the mouth flapjacks with a little crunch on the top! Our Fabulous Flapjacks are based on a classic recipe that uses 4 essential ingredients. We’ve added raisins too but that’s an optional extra!
Our Fabulous Flapjack recipe is so easy and very popular. They’re ideal for lunch boxes or a sweet treat when you need a little pick me up.
Children will love helping to make this tasty treats and if they’re not into baking then they will most certainly love eating them! Follow our Fabulous Flapjack recipe below and see just how easy it is to match a batch!
Fabulous Flapjack Recipe
Prep Time; 5 minutes
Cooking Time; 25 minutes
Servings; 24 slices
- 250g Rolled Oats
- 90g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 90g Golden Syrup
- 125g Butter
- Handful Of Raisins (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line and grease a 20 x 30 cm baking tin.
- Heat the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan until the butter has melted and the sugar, dissolved.
- Add rolled oats and, if using, raisins.
- Stir well then transfer to the baking tin. Smooth out the flapjack mixture so it lays evenly across the tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown.
- Remove from the oven. Leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin.
- Remove from the tin and cut whilst still warm. If left to cool completely, the flapjacks will harden and become harder to cut.
- Trying adding sunflower seeds or chopped apricots to the mix.
- Finely grated apple (squeezed to remove a little juice) plus a dash of cinnamon added to the mix tastes fabulous too.
- Tastes delicious drizzled with a little dark chocolate.
- These flapjacks can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week.
We have shared many more yummy recipes on our blog including these Super Easy Healthy Chocolate Caramel Slices. Our healthy caramel slice doesn’t even need baking, you’ll just need a food processor and 15 minutes! They’re delicious.
Happy Flapjack making everyone!